The Linden Endowment for the Arts (LEA) was established to help create a center of arts activity in Second Life. It is a collaborative venture between Linden Lab and the arts community. Guided by a dedicated board of renowned Second Life artists, the LEA is committed to providing access to engaging experiences in the arts for the Second Life community. Through its exhibitions, programs, and events, the LEA fosters awareness of artists’ contributions to our virtual world and encourages others to get involved and be inspired.
The LEA is run and organized by users of Second Life, with resources generously donated by Linden Lab. The LEA strives to:
- Provide a starting point for artists in Second Life, and for those interested in art to make connections and display their work.
- Encourage and cultivate art and artists within Second Life.
- Foster community, creativity, and innovation among artists and all residents interested in art.
- Provide a way for artists to promote their art.
- Collaborate with existing art regions, galleries, exhibits, and performance spaces to help nurture their valuable participation in SL arts.
The LEA manages itself with a committee system. Curious who is on the LEA Committee? Here's a list.
Feel you've been banned unfairly? You can start an appeals process.